
I just thought I would update everybody on my moms cancer, since you are all still nice and talking to me even though I am now bitter and cynical because of it. First off this is the best picture I have of her right now in my computer because she hates taking pictures and my scanner is not working (or I don't know how to work it) So I can't scan in our last family pic. Anyways she received another round of chemo yesterday and will be feeling pretty crappy for awhile. In two weeks she will go in and get a pet scan and another MRI and we will see how much cancer is left in her body and brain. We already know there is still a few spots in her brain that are not decreasing like they should from the previous radiation so we will have to do another round of radiation, but we are hoping that the cancer in her bones is gone so we can be done with chemo. I truly hope for everybody involved that we are nearing the end of this nightmare especially my parents who this is taking a huge toll on mentally, physically, and financially. Sorry for all of the negativity, it was just a bad day yesterday, maybe I should put a disclaimer at the first of this ( do not read if you are in a good mood, and want to stay that way) I guess the title kind of did that for me. I will try not to put too many more of these downer posts on my blog, hopefully 2 weeks from now it will be good news! Thank you for being good friends to me, and please continue to pray for my family, some days that's all that gets me through. I just look forward to next year and a fresh start, next January can only get better than the last one right? I really do appreciate all of you!! Thank You.
8 comments:
Danielle, I'm really so sorry you and your family have to go through something so crappy. I just couldn't imagine. And don't apologize for the downer, you have to be able to vent somewhere. I know I can't do anything to help, but if there is please let me know!! (besides the prayers!)
We're here for you! There are so many prayers said on your family's behalf. You can vent anytime. Your cute self is even the FIRST invited next time we do GIRLS lunch! But you have to choose where we go!
We want you to know that we are here for you also. I think about you all the time. We will continue to pray for your mom and your family.
Cancer does suck! my grandpa just passed away from it about three years ago(they didnt find it soon enough)And i have to say that all stages and kids of cancer are horrable. I'm so sorry your family is going through this right now, but keep praying and keep your head up. And we will keep you in our prayers too. I wish they would just find a cure!!!
First of all you don't have to apologize for downer posts! That's what blogs are for! If you are feeling like sharing it, then go for it and don't worry. We are all thinking about you and wondering how things are going anyway. We'll look forward to some positive news in the next few weeks!
Hang in there. Trials make us stronger. Someday you will be able to look back on this experience and be grateful for what you learned. I will pray for your mom and dad. Keep comming to exercise class. It is a good stress reliever.
Love, Sundee
I agree you shouldn't have to apologize for this post. I hope everything turns out great. Don't know if my prayers do any good but I will pray for you and your family during this sucky time.
Best wishes. We keep you in our prayers!
Post a Comment