Sunday, April 19, 2009

New Calling

I was called today as the assistant camp director of my ward for girls camp and I am so excited! Yes it was due to some campaigning on my part because I love to go to girls camp and I love the YW in my ward and miss being their leader. I told the YW president in my ward I would be the camp director she asked the bishop and he told her no due to the fact I am in a presidency already. So I get to be assistant instead, which is better really because I don't have as much responsibility and stress, so I can't wait. I look forward to taking a break from my boys and everyday life and playing with some girls, and getting to hang out with the leaders which are awesome and my really good friends! Now just comes the waiting for being dirty, spiritual experiences, no shower for a week, lots of work, tons of fun, and emotional teenage girls. I CAN'T WAIT!

6 comments:

Kimber said...

yAY! That sounds like so much fun. What presidency are you in already? I am the music leader in primary since November - I am still getting used to it!

Natasha said...

Wow! I'm so impressed. I don't think I've ever asked for a calling...and I think camp director sounds like one of the most stressful things I can imagine. Yikes! Way to go! You'll be great.

Jason & Karen said...

I am so happy you were called because you actually wanted to do it and I didnt dare call someone who didnt want to do it! I hope that after my graduation things calm down some and we can get together and start planning. I wish I was going to be there to be a part of it. Get your thinkin cap on cuz your prob more creative than me! :)

Betsy said...

that's pretty much a great re-cap! Especially the emotional teenage girl part :) I'm glad you're on board. I think it's going to be great!

Alan and Mindee said...

Sounds like fun! You will do a great job!!!

Crystal said...

I want that calling too--girls camp rocked! I keep hinting to Sherrie but to no avail--maybe I'm not up to the task. I guess I should camp some more to practice--maybe next year!!

Love the new family pictures--my favorite is the one on the title bar-LOVE IT!

p.s.
I am not seeing the recipe yet--please oh please give it to me?!? crystalswhite@yahoo.com