Monday, October 20, 2008

Not Tyler's Idea Of A Fun Friday Night

On Friday I got a crazy hair and decided we needed more strawberry jam. So I called my friend and got her involved and convinced her she needed some too. Then convinced my husband that he needed to help and that it was going to be easy. So Robyn ( my friend) went to wal-mart to get the strawberries and we started about 7:00 pm and then ran into some difficulties Like no way to mash the strawberries and after the first 2 batches we ran out of some of the ingredients. So Tyler ran to the store for some things which is at least 15 minutes from my house. The first store he went to did not have any lemon juice, what kind of store runs out of lemon juice? While he was out Jaxon decided he needed to help and started throwing broken up pop tarts into the mix, his brothers thought it was quite funny, needless to say I had to fish these out. So after Tyler got back we were able to make 2 more batches. He told me to not send him to the store that late again supposedly as he put it that's when the freaks are out! We ended up finishing with 16 pints of jam after it was all said and done with. It wasn't as quick and easy as I remembered it being. But Tyler was a good sport. My friend Robyn didn't get done until 2:30 in the morning, she made 1 1/2 times what I did. I'm sure she was cussing me for getting her involved in the whole mess. I'm glad it's over and done with and now we will have jam for awhile. On Saturday we were able to have a break and go to Vegas for my friends wedding, it was beautiful and we were able to leave the kids home so it was kind of a date. I'm so glad we were able to make it and Congrats to the Happy Couple!!!


6 comments:

Jenny said...

Ha ha - funny! Sounds delicious though!

Sylvia said...

Sounds like your house is full of adventure when trying to cook, just like mine! You should try the strawberry freezer jam it is way easy,and you dont have to process the jars.

Tanya said...

How domestic of you...ha ha! I am impressed! It sounds like a lot of work but homemade jam is SO GOOD! :)

Henriefamily said...

I'm with the Brindley bunch. Freezer Jam is so easy and so good too.

Alan and Mindee said...

Way to go! Sounds like you got a lot done. It is always worth the work in the end!

Natasha said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that comes up with these brilliant ideas. My last one happened to be painting the kitchen...it took 8 times as long as I thought it would and by the time I was done I hated it!