Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Good News and more Bad News
As most of you probably already know my mom has cancer again...(for the third time) Since January this year we have been having surgeries and treatments to save her life and today my dad took her to the chemo doctor hoping for the news that she would get her last chemo treatment today and be healed, well... The good new is the cancer on her lungs and lymph nodes is getting a lot smaller. The bad news the spots on her spine are spreading and have changed so they cant treat it the same way they were. So she is going for an MRI today to see if the cancer in her brain is still gone so they can stop treating it and change the chemo mix to focus more on the spine and the 2 other places. So we have to wait until next week to know the results. ( i love how doctors take their sweet time when it isn't their nerves all week) I hope this makes sense to all of you. I'm a little upset and bitter right now when i thought that she would be all better by the end of august all of my family has been looking forward to this deadline all year so its really tough to take that we don't know how much longer we are going to have to do this. I never thought when I was 25 I would know so much about cancer and have to deal with all these emotions about my mom. Especially when she was first diagnosed and i thought they were going to tell us they couldn't do anything to help. Thank you for listening to me rant and rave, I truly hope none of you will ever have to go through this in your life and I'm sorry to those of you who have. I will never take forgranted my boring uneventful life again i just wish for that now!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hey girlie! Grandma gave me the address to your blog and I just wanted to tell you how sad I am to hear about your mom. it's really hard to understand how she got so close to the end of treatments, only to have to start again. I want you to know that you can call me if you need ANYTHING or just to talk. I know I'm far away, but I can talk on the phone with the best of them! I love you guys so much!
Alisca
P.S. If you want to check out my blog, it's: http://thoughtsofalisca.blogspot.com
I'm sorry your family is going through these trials. We will continue to pray for you all. Please know that you are in our thoughts. Hand in there!
I had no idea your mom was battling cancer. That tells you how informative my family is...they never tell me anything. It breaks my heart to hear about her struggle, and to know that the battle isn't over. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you and with her.
Hi Danielle, I'm sorry to hear more bad news about your mom. I wish the best for you and your family. I wish I could do something to make it better for you. I miss having you next door!! Erin
Love ya!
Post a Comment