Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas

We had a very interesting Christmas this year. It's the first one without my mom which was of course hard, we started out by having Christmas Eve dinner at my house with all of Ty's and my families ( I know I'm crazy), but its a tradition that I started and we both get to be with our families and not have to trade off so it works and the cousins get to exchange gifts. Then the next morning we did the Santa thing and went to the cemetery and opened the presents at my dads house. After that we did Christmas dinner with my family and decided to go to the movie. So me, Tyler, my Dad, Nick, Whitnee, & Jadeth went to the movie. We left the kids with Tylers parents. We went to Yes Man it was hilarious I recommend it to anyone, so funny! On our way home it was snowing and freezing cold outside I really didn't think anything of it. We get almost home and me and Tyler are looking around and thinking all the houses look kinda dark, come to find out our power had been out for an hour and our kids had been in the dark. Good thing for portable DVD players and candles. So we spent the rest of our Christmas night in the dark watching Star Wars clone wars on a 7 inch TV ( I know all of you are jealous) On Saturday we went up to my Grandmas house and had a dinner with all of my dads family and went sledding it was a lot of fun. My kids got to open more presents at her house. My kids got to open presents four different times the spoiled little brats! Anyways I hope you all had a GREAT CHRISTMAS with lights!

6 comments:

Alan and Mindee said...

Sounds like you guys had a good Christmas. That has so hard getting used to doing things with out your mom, however, I'm sure she was so happy that you were all together as a family and enjoying eachother.
We wish you guys the best in the coming year!

Henriefamily said...

Your boys are so cute. I sure miss having them running around my house. You're such a good sport to take your kids out in the snow.

Henriefamily said...

Love your new background!

Natasha said...

So I called Bruce & Lisa the morning after Christmas and she said they were still recovering from their night with no electricity. What an adventure! Your pictures of Christmas are great.

Tanya said...

Oh no....No lights?? How interesting. I bet that your boys thought it was so cool though. I would have loved that when I was little. I am glad to hear that you and your family had a great Christmas.

Betsy said...

I am jealous! HAAHA that was so funny! also, Love the hair! and teh new background!