Saturday, December 6, 2008

My Mom


In loving memory of Marilee Davis
12/18/1955 - 12/2/2008Marilee Frances Holley Davis age 52 passed away December 2, 2008 at home surrounded by family after a long battle with cancer. She was born December 18, 1955 in Springville, UT to Floyd Beck Holley and Frances Tuttle Holley. Married Vance Brent Davis June 25, 1976 in Fillmore, UT. Marriage was later solemnized in the St George LDS Temple November 29, 2008. She was raised in Springville and graduated from Springville High School in 1974. She attended Hollywood Beauty College in Orem, UT while still attending High School. Right out of Beauty College she worked at 39 West Salon in Provo. After getting married and moving to Cedar City she worked at The Hair Lab. For the last 18 years she has worked at Hair Static, where she enjoyed all her clients and the ladies she worked with. She was also a special needs bus aide for the ICSD. She loved helping the kids and interacting with them. She was a faithful member of the LDS Church and served in many callings in the Willow Wood Ward. She loved working in her vegetable and flower gardens, making her yard look beautiful. She also took pride in her house being clean. She loved spending time with her family and taking care of her grandsons. She was very kind and liked serving other people. She was a wonderful Wife, Mother, Grandmother and Friend. She will be missed by many. She is survived by her Husband Vance, her Children: Nick Davis, Danielle (Tyler) Jensen, Whitnee Davis. Her Grandsons Dylan, Karsten and Jaxon Jensen of Cedar City. Her siblings, Michael (Ava) Holley of West Jordan, Dale (Shauna) Holley of Sandy, Jeannine (Michael) Tilton of Sandy, Judy (Stuart) Hamilton of Mapleton and by all her Nieces and Nephews and many Friends. She is preceded in death by her parents, Floyd and Frances Holley. I would like to thank all of you who have been such good friends to me during this time and all you have done, I really appreciate it especially your thoughts and prayers.

7 comments:

Travis and Christy said...

Danielle, I have been thinking of you and certainly praying for you. This is a hard time, but I know you will be blessed. You are a strong beautiful woman just like your mom. Christy

Henriefamily said...

The services for you mom were very nice. You did a very good job. You are so strong to stand up there and do that. Love you. Talk to you soon. Erin

SHARISA LOVELL said...

I just wanted to let you know that are thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. If you ever need anything at all please let us know.

Steph and Hunter said...

Danielle,
I know this must be so hard for you and your family, but what an amazing blessing to be sealed as a family just before your mom's passing. I worked with her at the preschool and she was such a sweet and loving person. I know there are so many people that will miss her. I hope that you will be comforted through this holiday and I wish you and your family the best.

Jenny said...

What a beautiful eulogy. I also thought your mom's graveside service was beautiful. I'm sure it was just as she would have wanted it to be.

We continue to keep you and your family in our prayers. We are thinking of you and we send hugs your way.

Sundee said...

What a beautiful mom you had. I hope you are doing ok. I have missed you at aerobics. Come back when you are feeling up to it. May Heavenly Father bless you and your family.

Tanya said...

Just wanted to let you know that we are thinking of you guys as you go through this tough time. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.