Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I Did It


I survived girls camp, with 40+ girls in our ward that's quite amazing! I had a ton of fun though, we spent 3 nights and 4 days camping in the heat and the dirt. The stake theme was "Be Your Own Kind Of Beautiful", which is kinda hard out in the dirt but they had a lot of great lessons for the girls. I was really nervous about everything going well, having enough food and all the girls getting along, especially in such close quarters. The drama was kept to a minimum and we had tons of laughs, like all the beehives playing games and all the laurels talking about boys and wanting to know all the leaders first kiss stories:) I am so glad I was able to go and had such great leaders to work with. Can't wait till next year (maybe)

6 comments:

Our Family said...

I'll vote for you to come again next year!

Alan and Mindee said...

Glad you survived! I always thought girls camp was so much fun. You would be such a fun leader!

Jenny said...

It always works out great. I'm glad you had fun and are back safely!

Steph and Hunter said...

That is a change to be surrounded by girls! I only have a few weeks 'til I head up so I am glad to hear that you survived. That gives me hope!

Betsy said...

Not only did you survive - you EXCELLED in my book! And, I have in an "in" with who decides about next year, so consider yourself booked! P.S. I think "camp" might be a river trip! Woot Woot!!

Crystal said...

I LOVE girls camp, not that I wanna be in charge, I would really like to be an assistant though! Glad you had a good time, you never know how it will turn out with that many girls with that much time on your hands--how about that water issue?!