Monday, October 26, 2009

Made My Day!

On Friday night I went to the CV vs. Cedar football game with my friend. Dylan was already inside with his friends so I was waiting in the line by myself. As I got up to the ticket window I handed the lady 5 bucks and put my hand in to be stamped . She said something to me which I didn't hear and handed me 2 dollars back. I said isn't it 5 dollars to get in and she said well don't you have your card? Me: what card. YOUR STUDENT ID. I laughed and said I'm not a student but you just made my day, maybe even my whole weekend. I know I look young people tell me all the time and ask if my kids are my own when they see me places but I didn't think I looked that young. The funny thing is as I was standing in the line with all the high schoolers I was thinking how much it has changed since I graduated and how different they dress and look. On a different note the talk in Sacrament went well. My kids did an awesome job and I made it out alive without throwing up, which I wanted to do. So thanks for all the great advice and thoughts!!

5 comments:

Our Family said...

You did awesome. The ticket lady thought you were a teenager. Yet another reason on my "Why Can't Danielle Be Fat & Ugly List".

Natasha said...

Oh, I'm so jealous! I am SO OLD! Something fantastic like that would NEVER happen to me. People think I am much older than I am. They ask me what it was like to wait until I was older to have kids, and that I must want to have my kids close together since I waited until later in life to get started. Rude!

Rachel Urie said...

that is awesome!!!!!! ha ha you should be proud. Kinlee tells me I'm old and fat all the time ha ha well that's a good one, I haven't seen you in a while...hope things are good!

Jenny said...

Nice! That would make my day, too!

DMN said...

LOL! I had someone say something like that the other day. They asked if I was going to SUU and when I said no they asked if I was still in high school!